We all can admit it. Every woman out there want a firm, toned butt and many of us will go above and beyond in our workouts to achieve it. Some women are even getting plastic surgery toachieve the perfect backside! Before you spend thousands of dollars to go under the knife, try these fantastic butt toning and firming exercises. They can give you results in a couple of weeks that will make you happy you decided to hit up the gym instead of the surgeon’s office.
This can be a great addition to your regular workout. Start out with a low weight and work yourself up. If you’re trying to achieve a leaner, more toned look than stay with lower weights (6 or 8 pounds) and increase the reps.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Start with 6 pound weights and work your way up to 8 or 10.
- Squat down like you are going to sit down in a chair, keep your weight over your heels to avoid injury.
- Squeeze your glutes as you slowly move back up into your started position.
- Repeat 15-20 reps.
Hip Lift Progression
This exercise can be a great way to relieve stress and tension from the lower back. Use a padded mat to keep yourself comfortable and free from injury.
- Lie on your back, arms at your sides and knees bent. Keep feet firmly planted on the floor.
- Lift your hips towards the ceiling and hold for a count of 1. Lower back down.
- Repeat the hip lifts for 30, then 60 seconds. Squeeze your glutes and hamstrings but be careful not to overreach your spine.
- To make the exercise even more difficult, extend one leg at the top of the lift. Keep your thighs parallel and hold the position for 5-8 seconds.
- Repeat exercise for 30- 60 seconds then switch sides.
[Extract from: http://www.lafitnessblog.com/butt-toning-exercises]Tags: Butt, Personal Training, Tone, Workout